Tuesday, June 5, 2012

When I am not excercising

There's a lot to life outside of my yoga, runs, Nike workouts and occassional bike rides. A good deal of it I spend thinking about what I feel I should be doing and instead doing something else. For example, I have a detailed schedule of each day that involves meditation, writing, running, classes, commute, studying, and practicing guitar. In any one day, I follow a portion of it but not all of it. That leaves me feeling guilty when I watched three episodes of Voyager instead of writing my case formulation or practicing guitar. Or when I hit the snooze button for an hour (or longer) instead of getting up to write.

I am not sure what to do about it. Or if there is anything to do. But hardly do I feel like I did enough, worked hard enough, read enough, ran enough, yoga-ed enough, or practiced guitar enough.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Ann...being only partially employed I find I have a lot of time and feel guilty for spending it watching Netflix (tho thanks for the star trek tip! Eugene was pretty happy to come home finding me watch "The Next Generation" haha) - anyhow, I like Leo Babutas perspective - you will never do it all, you can never do everything. When I find myself getting wound up with "omg I should be learning the guitar, or painting, or reading something important right now" I try to remember that. I can't and wont do everything in my life and thats ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally like this if I could. :)

      Delete
    2. hehe that is what I wanted to say about your comment from your last post "three mile run" :D

      Delete