Friday, June 8, 2012

Traveling

Although I am looking forward to my month away seeing family and friends, I am also anxious about my exercise and meditation routinue. Over these past months I began working out regularly again and to the point that I feel satisfied about my effort.

Now I face being away from my room with its weights, medicine ball, yoga mat, and jump rope. I will also be away from my running trails and meditation cushion. I find myself becoming anxious about whether I will have enough space to do my Nike Training Club workout or if it will be the same without the weights. Will I be able to continue to improve my strength and balance? What about meditating -- will I have a space and time to do that? Will my back be okay without a cushion? Where will I run? How will I know the distance? All things that I can figure out but that became so automatic here as to be effortless.

With the anxiety comes enjoyment over novelty. I thought I would share some sightings around exercise in unexpected places.

First sighting:

  • Yoga room in San Francisco Airport! The room is after the security checkpoint in terminal two. I picked my head in -- it's about half the size of a regular studio, has mirrors on one wall, and straw/bamboo mat along the mirror. A women was sitting crosslegged inside and looking intently at her phone. The sign on the outside said no food/drink or mobile devices, so I inwardly "tsked tsked" and went on to find my gate.
More sightings to come . . .

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about being anxious. I remember being worried about being in Italy and working out (tho that is an entirely different story). Who are you staying with?
    haha about the Yoga room. I get annoyed too when ppl disregard rules that are easy to follow. Was the yoga room free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In merrill i want to go running with u lovely ladies. Im bringing the running stroller for that purpose. Maybe we could meditate as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I want to run too!!!!! So you bought a running stroller?

      Delete
  3. yes yoga room was free. I was so surprised. and yes to running to merrill. I would enjoy meditating together as well. maybe tian would join on his nap? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I am staying Cliff, Linda, Mel, Dr. Mendoza ... and back again.

    ReplyDelete