Saturday, June 2, 2012

Owies

Blisters and bruises . . . oh my!
One of the reasons I got new vibrams was my right toe was getting the brunt of the workout when going downhill (see picture). And my right toe vibram also had a hole in it. So I was excited to get my new pair, sans hole, with new and improved tread.

Now happily my right toe does not suffer as much (although I am suspicous that the bruise might be moving more to the center bottom of my toe instead of going away). I thought: "check, problem solved." Then I noticed a rubbing on my left foot while going downhill. AHH! So frustrating. Although the wound is not as noticeable, I despair at times getting my stride flowing again, especially when I feel the rubbing. So now I am left contemplating whether it is a matter of improving my balance or if it's a matter of shoe design . . .

7 comments:

  1. ooooouey! what if you wore socks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last comment was me Hope :-) forgot I was signed into this account

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owie about your toe!! I like the toe sock idea. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay to being you! and yes my toe is owie. :(

    ReplyDelete