Monday, June 11, 2012

More sightings

A few days into my trip and I have more unexpected exercise opportunities:

  • Watering flowers with Linda. I watered pansies and other potted plants with a watering can.
  • Decorating for Mel's party. I carried around a ladder and climbed up it multiple times to hang streamers on tree branches. I also brought out chairs from the garage to the back yard.
  • Preparing for a dinner party at Dr. Mendoza' house. She and I carried out a slab of granite to use as a table top on two ceramic pillars.

Then the more conventional:

I ran a few miles to the nearby forest perserve. I made it to some horse stables (think manure smell) and then ran back. My legs felt sluggish, my left foot sore, and I was somewhat light-headed from a glass of white wine. Yet I ran the full length and got the tingly leg sensation at the end.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a lovely time there thus far. I saw a picture of you and you have a pretty purple shirt on! :-)
    I have been frustrated the past couple days because I have been so tired that by the time work comes to an end I have no energy to run. Today I came home and passed out for an hour. I am thinking of trying to go back to the gym and run or maybe try running outside - but I always have a hard time running after a nap.
    long tangent- anyhow, I like hearing about all your 'sightings' it is a well rounded perspective of being active and exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The purple shirt is from Mel for my birthday. Love it and wear it often . . . you know how I am.

    Sorry about the frustration. :( was it tired but you wish you had run? or that type of push the run because of the high from the previous ones? I don't think fitness goes in a straight line but more in fits and starts.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, I didn't end up running that day. I have learned that runs generally suck after I a: take a nap b:am sleep deprived & c: get a good nights rest but am still sleep deprived. Not that I don't attempt runs during these times its just that I have learned that its much more work.

      Delete