Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dear Treadmill, I love you and I hate you



ok ok so maybe hate is a bit strong but still. There are few things more frustrating than being in the last minute of your run, your legs feel strong, your blood is pumping and you are finishing the last stretch strong with a sprint and then....CLICK! You accidentally pull that stupid emergency cord and the whole damn treadmill resets. That is something I don't understand. If it has to turn off why can't it simply pause and save your settings? I bet your that 98% of the time that those things are pulled are on accident - do the designers of these treadmills not actually run?

Anyhow, that is my rant on treadmills. As you can probably guess, this happened to me just a little while ago (yesterday in fact). I was sprinting my last min and 30 seconds left I pulled that stupid cord. *sigh*. On the positive end, my run was fantastic!! I am SO excited to have run three time within this past week and for my knee to feel great! I have to credit that in part to my taking up squatting. Maybe it is coincidence but it seems that after I started to squat my runs felt better. That is why I love treadmills. They have allowed me to continue pursuing something I absolutely LOVE when otherwise I am not sure I could. That may sound dramatic but the lower level of impact on my body when I run on treadmills is noticeable. Hopefully as I build up strength I will be able to do more outside runs. For example; when I am up in Merrill at the end of this month I hope to be able to run outside at least once!

On another note, because I popular demand I am posting some pictures of my gym in the post. There aren't a lot as I felt a little self conscious about taking pictures but here are some!

1 comment:

  1. yes nothing quite equals the disappointment of being in the zone and the "snap" the emergency chord pulls a plug on the flow.

    thanks for the pictures! love them. especially the one of your foot and the "group therapy: work it out." Makes me want to box again.

    I am thrilled to hear that your knee is game for all your runs and you are feeling more in the grove of things. and looking forward to that merrill run.

    love ya sis.

    ReplyDelete