Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pop! Goes my knee..

Yesterday I finally made it back into the gym after what felt like forever (even though it was only three days). Ever since Friday I have felt so tired and haven't been sleeping the best so by the time I finished work I was way too exhausted to run. Since yesterday was my first day off I got plenty of sleep and made it to the gym!

My workout was ok...I was still tired. My body needs more than one nights good rest to recover from multiple nights of not sleeping well so it was still tired, but I am pleased to announce that I ran a 5k! The run itself was rather tough. I did have to stop once to stretch out my legs/knee and the cardio part was very tough! I suspect that all had to do with my being tired.

After my run I made sure to do squats. I like how I feel after I do them and I truly believe they have been making a difference. I did 1 set of ten reps at 65lbs which felt a little too hard for how tired I was so I lowered it to 45lbs for do sets of ten reps.
After that I was simply bending over to grab my water bottle and hurt a little 'pop/crack' noise just under my patella...naturally this really stressed me out! My knee even started to feel a little stiff.

I went and did my stretches and did even more on the foam roller when I got home followed by icing. I am happy to report that it appears to have been something minor. I am actually icing my knee this morning because it does seem a little iffy but otherwise fine.

Here's to hopefully being able to run Tuesday (the next day I had in mind to run) and once while I'm in New Mexico this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. wait a second . . . New Mexico??

    our bodies are so particular. One day I can feel sprightly on my run and the next day I can't believe I ever enjoyed putting my feet in front of the other.

    5k! Nice! you are going longer and more often now, aren't you? I admire your gumption, my dear. <3

    ReplyDelete