Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What to do when you don't want to do anything

Last week I went into a mini-hibernation. After returning from my trip to find my car broke down, going through the magnificent effort to get it fixed and the stress of considering a new car, I was spent. Plus all the joys and business of the past four weeks of travel left me feeling full. I found myself not wanting to do anything. Instead I watched countless Voyager episodes until I could see the characters walking around in my mind. I refused to even meditate except maybe once last week.

All of a sudden I felt like quitting everything and going on strike. I listed all the activities that I should be doing: oils, yoga, running, NTC, reading, writing, meditating, finding a new room, looking for a car, and I had no desire to do any of them. Instead I puttered. I made soggy sweet potato fries, kale chips, drank buckets of strawberry water, and begrudgingly showered as needed.

School started on Monday and I am slowly easing myself into it. I am spending incredible amounts of times feeling cranky and petulant. It feels like such a relief! Today I did do yoga but under the stipulation that I would focus on finding the joy in every pose instead of perfection. I also painted my toe nails purple.

5 comments:

  1. yay for purple nails! I know how easy it can be to just curl up and hide away...especially when faced with a lot of issues..You'll get back into the swing of things in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potato fries. Lets putter around together soon making them. Petulant put

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to the petulant puttering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe yay petulant puttering!! PP!!! :P I love FRIES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete