Friday, July 27, 2012

I don't understand my body

So after almost three (?) weeks sans running, I started my excursion today with a good deal of trepidation. Although I did yoga regularly this past week, I did not have any aerobic exercise since my time in Tucson. I expected to gasp for air, stumble along and maybe even succumb to (gasp!) walking.

Instead I flew. My body flew along, I felt so light, and even though the final hellish incline got my heart pitter-pattering hard, I managed it with only minimal effort. So the moral of the story is . . . I don't have one. I am left scratching my head and wondering: did my body need that long to recover? Or what? But it definitely makes me want to run again.

And on another note. I found an alternate yoga spot with wood flooring! See pictures below for my new asana spot.

2 comments:

  1. yay! is this the balcony? I love it and I love the mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup it's the balcony. and there is even cucumber water on the corner of the mat.

    ReplyDelete