Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Fridays

My Fridays start off with a half an hour meditation on my purple 'lil bean cushion I bought on amazon. I curl out of bed and plop down on the cushion. I try to remember to count my exhales until I get to ten and then start over again. Often I find I counted up to 11 or 15 without realizing it. I have a timer on my Ipad that is set to go off at half an hour; it rings with a singing bowl sound. *Dong* (I usually check it a couple times before it goes off to see how much time I have left.)
.
 Then I start my Nike workout. On Fridays I like to do the 45 minute one, but it can be a killer. This Friday I did one that kept telling me to do 2 minutes of modified push-ups. Yes, modified, but still exhuasting after a minute, much less two. Russians twists are usually one of my favorites, especially with my medicine ball. This last workout even Russian twists were unwelcome. I did walkouts, endless lunges, and ski jumps. I was excited to get to the five minute stretch portion at the end. Also, I am excited that I am almost up to 1000 minutes total on the app!

Then after my eight hours at the Pacific Center, I treat myself to a run around the Lafayette Reservoir. The paved loop around the reservoir is 2.7 miles which is plenty for me right now. There are a lot of dips, curves, and shaded moments along the way. There are a good number of people out as well running, walking, pushing strollers, walking dogs, or sitting on benches. Ah and did I mention the beauty of the place?

2 comments:

  1. Ann! I love this and WOW your Fridays are packed! You're inspiring me to try and get up and get moving in the mornings, it can be hard getting into a groove due to my irregular schedule.

    Is that an actual picture of where you run? Phenomenal! Gorgeous!

    I loved this post and I love to hear about your meditation and Russian twists. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww shucks. thanks. I actually schedule my workouts and try to follow the schedule as closely as I can (helps me to avoid: should I or shouldn't I work out deliberation). and yes! that's a picture of where I actually run. I didn't take the picture but the run is that gorgeous. another visit in order, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete