Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Walking

I love to walk. I really do. Sometimes I think that all along I have wanted to walk but have made myself run because it is easier to get my heart rate up and burns more calories. Sometimes...;)

I have decided to try and take up walking more. I said I was going to start this when Ann was here ;) But I've been doing it a bit more. Last week I locked my keys in the car when I went to yoga at Chuze AND my phone so I had to walk home. It was hot but I enjoy how meditative it is!



Today I had the lofty goal of walking TO the gym, doing yoga and then walking home after. HAHAHA...I drove my tired ass to the gym, walked for about 10 mins before class and then after walked for about 20 or so. Now, post walking, my legs feel wonderful! They have that post workout feeling (that is also thanks to yoga too!)

I just had to share that. I think my next post I'll have to share about my annoying/humorous experience at yoga last Friday with the "wishy washy' instructor and our unexpected guest!!


2 comments:

  1. Walking relaxes me too. When my car broke down on Saturday, the walk to a nearby coffee shop haven really comforted me and I thought, "gee why don't I walk more." But I def feel pressure to run instead because it's more intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya! I keep trying to walk to places here in Tucson (yesterday I considered walking to IKES coz its absurdly close- but I had heavy stuff and its SO freaking hot! Hopefully when it cools down?)...

    ReplyDelete