Monday, September 10, 2012

Saturday all week long

Ok ok so I'll admit that I'm over due for a post. All I can say is the summer months are so enchanting here in Portland. I've come under the warm sun, no rain, homegrown tomato spell.
Saturday schedule:
-Bath with rolled oats, ground almonds and powdered milk and drops of tangerine and rosewood oils
-Play with smudge stick
-Run to lunch date with hubbie and babie
-Walk, hold baby, push stroller while meandering to mall (ugh!) to pick up Luke's suit for internship.
-Sleep like a baby.




If only I could have more Saturdays. The mix of rest and activity lulled me into a rhythm. I feel more grounded. I breath more fully.
I'm trying to bring my Saturday with me as I start this week. I'm trying to slow down as I fill out paperwork. Feel my body as I talk. Sit grounded as I express milk. Wiggle my toes for exercise. :)
As Thich Naught Han (sp?) says:
Every step is peace.
You have already arrived.

Location:Post already

2 comments:

  1. how lovely...I know what you mean about bringing your Saturday with you to work...It sounds like such a lovely Saturday. If you don't mind, I might borrow it for awhile...I need one!

    ReplyDelete