Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You Inspired Me

Yesterday, you two inspired me.

I've been really tired the past week and a half. Last week I was pmsing and then Saturday my period started and with that I haven't been sleeping well for about a week now. So yesterday I went into work and was SO tired I was scared I was going to make a really horrible mistake (like poke myself with a needle or drive off the road). Thus, I decided to leave at 8am and go home and rest.


I was able to nap some...but even after my nap I felt SO tired and tried napping a second time a bit later, to no avail. I ended up coming out to the living room and reading both of your blogs and felt so inspired. I brought up my YogaGlo account and found a session on 'binding' poses with a shoulder and hip opening component. Although it was a very interrupted session (trying to set up handing in our applications for a house we saw on Sunday so calling the real estate agent, talking to Eugene) and I didn't even finish it (had probably 15 mins left)- it felt so good to get moving. Unfortunately, the hard thing for me (other than being tired) is that my hip is still very tentative, but none of the poses seemed to aggravate it and in fact really warmed me up. Sometimes it is hard for me to tell when movement is best for my hip and when rest is best.


Today, after a good nights rest, I can feel the benefits of that practice. I also feel the benefits of calling into work and getting that good nights rest my body so desperately needed. Why is it so hard to do something like call into work (when you're not puking your guts out)because you simply need rest and to take care of yourself? I think for me its a mixture of guilt (don't want to leave my co-workers stranded) and also anxiety about that people will think of me.



Regardless, I'm VERY grateful to have today. Perhaps today I will do a little more yoga :-) I've already given myself a nice face mask. Wish you could join!

Thanks again for the inspiration my dears! This blog is such a help in keeping me motivated, but also keeping me connected to you both.

*hugs*

1 comment:

  1. Hope! Joy and I read this together and then called your right after. So we commented via telephone. But I also wanted to say "sheesh" and that I had no idea how exhuasted you have been. I am glad you were able to care for yourself and I hope you have as much opportunity as you need to do that. If interested, I discovered "dream yoga" that I found completely fascinating/useful around sleep. I will tell you more about it if you want. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete