Saturday, January 26, 2013

Crazy downward dog life

Life has been overwhelming. Super full with innumerable transitions. Yesterday I found out I had a new job after a week of painful waiting. Today we bought a car. Tomorrow we celebrate Tian turning one with our neighbors. And so on.

This sisters' blog helps me settle in the evening and reminds me there is life outside my busy life. It reminds me my life can have more of a rhythm in the near future. It encourages me to do small activities that build up into a lifestyle of movement.

I play chase with my son as I crawl after him in the kitchen.

I push Tian around in his cart and call it my cardio for the day.

I look up as I pick up my twenty pound bugaboo and think core, not back. Then put him down as he squirms out of my arms. Then up again. It's my strength training.

At night I stretch and do downward dog to plank and finish with a one minute plank to collapse in exhaustion. Some nights that is. Others I mop on the couch or fall into bed.

Its my downward dog crazy life. It'd rather have more yoga than crazy but I'm living with both now.

Hopefully my gradual transformation blossums into more internal space to breathe. Breathe with all kindness to myself allowing me to pick gentleness and fun.

2 comments:

  1. how beautiful! mom exercises. Soon Tian will give you even more cardio. :) I am excited for your transition to a new job and a more mom-friendly rhythm as well.

    love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the integration of activity throughout your day. I find so often I have to dedicate a specific time to exercise (which a lot of the time I do) but at work, when I'm feeling up to it, I have tried to do things like take the stairs instead of the elevator and to just see my job as being active. I may not be running like crazy but I am moving and walking around. :-) Integration.

    ReplyDelete