Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Old Poems

So a friend of mine inspired me to try and start writing again and in the process of saving my writings I came across a file full of poems I wrote in highschool. Most of them I think eventually end up with me talking about God which is to be expected, but I just came across this one and I remember writing it even though I don't exactly remember the circumstances. The last couple lines to harken to a "Him" ie God...but I was actually quite moved by what my 17/18 year old self wrote.. I'm curious to know what you two think!

Being Blind

How do I put this?
How do I say this?
Who am I to turn to?
Where am I to go?
I’m feeling a strong restlessness in my soul
I wanna run and scream but instead I’m sitting here hiding
Where is the peace that you promised when things go wrong?
Where is the love that is supposed to abound?
It seems like I can’t see past my nose today
All I wanna do is curl up and cry
I didn’t want to see things get so complicated
But now they are out of control
So many things are twisting through me and I’m trying to get a strong grip
But how am I to know if I’m right?
Oh I know I’m right but I feel so alone
I’ve been rejected, shot down and pushed away
Only because I’m standing for the truth am I set aside
And now every other pain seems to be torn open again
And though healed it had never been
I hide my hurt and ache with a smile of excitement of a whim of anger
Oh please bring to me peace and not endless torture
Bring it together, bring it and make it all right
But not today or at least not now
Stretching my mind to things of old and my heart swells
And tears are on the verge
Please hold me for I have no strength to hold onto anything
I want so much but I need only unconditional love
So all my friends may abandon me but He’ll remain true
For even sorrow cannot separate me from His love
Which right now I see so faint
Day by day
Keep me from being blind

1 comment:

  1. Yes Hope that is very moving. I can relate too with that sense of hopelessness/twisted up-ness and trying to make everything better with excitement or "a whim of anger."

    ReplyDelete